Monday, August 27, 2012

Where Are All The Cookies Coming From?

When I made my way to the kitchen this morning, I noticed a large tupperware of chocolate chip cookies. I thought my sister only made one or two cookies last night but she made a whole batch! Throughout the day I have gone, opened the container, and smelled their perfectly cooked sweet goodness - but I have not had one. I managed to do well on my diet all day today. I don't know if I have outlined my diet before but I tend to eat all the fruits and veggies I want, some greek yogurt, cottage cheese, or shredded cheese, and some lean protein each day. I am trying to limit the processed foods I eat. I do not let myself get very hungry. I also am currently trying to avoid starchy veggies (like potatoes) and carbs (pasta and bread, mainly). I do eat some granola with my yogurt. I do plan on adding those back into my diet in moderation, but not for the first couple months - maybe in November. Anyway, back to the day - in addition to eating well, I started the 30 Day Shred today. I will try to add this to my workout routine for the next month. It is only a 20 min workout so it can be done everyday, but I also feel like I may need a little more than that, so I will continue to do cardio at the gym. I also plan on starting some weight training, but one step at a time. I am not ready to commit to that much just yet. After my roommate got home (I live with my sister and one of her friends) I notice ANOTHER tupperware of cookies in the kitchen, white chocolate macadamia nut. It is like the cookies are multiplying. My sister had plans for after work, but when she got home she asked if I wanted to go for a walk. We went around our neighborhood and the one across the street. Map My Run says that we went about 1.7 mi. When we got home we sat down to watch some TV and she sat down next to me with 2 cookies and about a quarter gallon of milk. I feel like the cookies are haunting me. I remained strong and had a successful day. Hopefully tomorrow will prove to be just as successful.

:P

"People say that losing weight is no walk in the park. When I hear that I think, 'Yeah, that's the problem.'" - Chris Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment