Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Update

Today, I was on a mission to go on a bike ride. I got my bike out and BOTH tires were flat. (My roommate had warned me that the air leaks from the tires when you don't use your bike for a while. Maybe that will have to be my excuse to use it on a more frequent basis. I don't want another day of trying to get those tires in working order.) In effort to fill the tires with air, I nearly broke my back getting my bike into my little Honda Accord. I think I tried putting it 10 different ways. Once I got one that I thought would work, I drove it to the gas station. After fiddling with the air compressor to get it to work, I finally filled my front tire and then the back. I looked back at the front and it needed some more air. Then I noticed it was completely flat again. UGH! So I stuff my bike back into my car and drive home. Now I still have a nonfunctional bike, but I WANT to go on this bike ride. Its a wonderfully sunny day in Florida. I have a right to go on this bike ride. I get my bike upside down and take off the front wheel. I look for a place to buy a new tire tube. I can't find a place to buy a new tube for my tire so I put the whole wheel in my car and drive to the bike shop. They fix up my tire and I head back home. Next, I wrestle with the bike to get the tire back on around the break. It wasn't this hard to get the thing off, but it was deflated then. I get it on, grab a bottle of water and I ride off. There was just enough time left before sunset to get my ride in. It was nice. (By nice I mean - the hills were exhausting, and I was out of breathe for most of the ride, but I got home in one piece.) 5K. I feel great that I did that today. I also have managed to not ruin my diet. I rediscovered the beauty of edamame. Yum!

I feel good for the day. I am going to do just as well tomorrow! I think I will ride my bike to work in the morning. :) It's a double shift, so Ill also take an apple for my break.

Feelin good today. I can get used to this.

:P

No comments:

Post a Comment